It’s back to school time and everybody’s preparing their stuff for the big school day. For some students who own a locker or want to have one, it is time to think of decorating and organizing your locker to help you stay as efficient as possible during the hectic school year. These products will help you declutter, stay focused and well-organized.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links provided by Postpresso.
63 total views, 11 views today
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my linksTop Ten Costume Themes of 2014With Halloween right around the corner (really? already?), and a summer filled with mega movie blockbusters, it probably isn’t all that difficult to guess what the hottest costumes for 2014 are. I bet you’ll be surprised at some on the list, so let’s test your knowledge!
Pop Quiz! What are the Top 10 costume themes of 2014?
1. Always a female, sometimes in distress, this little lady loves everything from snowflakes to sleeping. She is pretty as a…<click for answer>
2. There are only four of them, but they have been rocking reptile power for 30 years. Guess who they are—<click for answer>
3. This theme is rated PG, possibly PG 13. Sometimes dark, sometimes sparkly, but always sexy… guess this top ten costume theme! <click for answer>
4. They usually come in all black, but are sometimes spotted in white or red. Silently they slip through the night, wreaking vengeance in the name of honor. They are… <click for answer>
5. Golden lassos, silken threads, even a star spangled shield… this group has the hottest toys and the best outfits around, even if they get teased for their tights. Who are they? <click for answer>
6. They rarely ever move beyond black (or really dark charcoal), but that doesn’t mean that they don’t have style and pizazz. Their outfit may be the darkest (on several levels) but it is also the most slimming! They are the… <click for answer>
7. This group of characters come from faraway lands, deal in fairies, elves and talking animals, and have adventures that appeal to children and adults alike. They go from goth to golden and everything in between. Do you know who they are? <click for answer>
8. Do or do not (to figure out this costume theme), there is no try. It is… <click for answer>
9. These costumes look best on toddlers, but not so much on truckers or construction workers. They would be the…<click for answer>
10. Hey, if he’s not going to listen, run off and go missing all the time anyway, he might as well be dressed appropriately. A Where’s Waldo costume is perfect for your little… what? <click for answer>
Now that you’re an expert on costume themes, you’re going to want to check out Orange Tuesday on September 2nd at BuyCostumes… it’s the official kick-off celebration of the Halloween season! Orange Tuesday will boast the biggest trends in costumes at rock-bottom prices.
Browse the full selection of all of the hottest costumes for the entire family at BuyCostumes.com!
Don’t miss out on these fabulous Halloween costumes! Join the Life’s Better in Costumes from BuyCostumes and you may have a chance to win $1000 in prizes!!! Click here to join the giveaway!
BuyCostumes “Life’s Better in Costume” Giveaway
149 total views, 20 views today
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links
Do you have a little dinosaur lover, a sweet feline princess or an action warrior in your home? Are you looking for a way to jazz up the usual birthday hullabaloo or turn a plain old Sunday into a FUN DAY? Birthday Expresshas the clearance sale for you! Take a look at these costumes on clearance for little ones, all for under $15!
Red Pterodactyl Infant / Toddler Costume
Available in size 18 – 24 mo.
Now just $9.99
Why not turn a regular weekday into Pterodactyl Tuesday and dress your dino lover up for a special trip to the museum or a backyard sandbox bone hunt!
Princess Kitty Child Costume
Available in size X-Small (4)
Now just $9.99
Tea time takes a turn towards fantastic when you invite a royal feline to the table!
Super Mario Bros. – Wario Deluxe Toddler / Kids Costume
Available in size Small (4-6)
Now just $9.97
No Super Mario Bros. birthday party is complete without a main character making an appearance! Make sure he finally captures Princess Peach and gets to enjoy all the spoils of a “bad” guy.
Robo Knight Power Ranger Megaforce Muscle Chest Child Costume
Available in sizes (4-6) and (10-12)
Now just $14.97
What backyard fort doesn’t need to be defended? Now your little one can storm just about any castle in your community thanks to this outfit of awesomeness.
Take your pick! These costumes will also be great for Halloween and it’s not far from now. You might as well take advantage of this great offer while it’s on! Happy shopping!
61 total views, 2 views today
Having a basement is a good thing as it adds valuable space for storage, utility and another functional room in your home especially if you have a limited living quarter. Maintaining a basement and keeping it clean, mildew-free and waterproof is a different story.
One of the common issues many homeowners tackle is a leaky and damp basement. This will be the case to most homeowners whose properties are already constructed. There is not much you can do about it but to ensure you follow these tips in basement waterproofing.
- Have an ocular inspection around the perimeter of your home and check out any cracks on the basement wall and foundation.
- If your downspout discharge is too close on the wall of your basement, try to extend it at least a minimum of 5 feet away from the wall of your home.
- Fill hollow spots outside your home and level them to a gradual decline away from your basement walls. If your lawn is not leveled properly, the water will always gravitate towards the place where there is least resistance, in this case, your basement.
- Plant shrubs at least 1 feet away from the basement walls. Shrubs or small plants can help collect significant amount of water away from your basement walls.
Photo credit: craigfuhr.com
- Install an internal water drainage system. It may be a bit costly but it will help if persistent leaking and flooding occurs in the basement. This internal water drainage is called a sump. This is a hole in your basement floor which contains a pump. The purpose of this sump is to detect the water level in the sump area. If it becomes too high then the pump is activated and draws out the water out of the sump. The water is discharged outside the house at least 10 or more feet away from the foundation. You will be creating a home in the floor of your basement, excavating a whole, lining it, installing the wiring of the sump pump and installing plumbing outlet from the pump to the outdoors. This is best done by the professionals.
- Check your internal basement walls and floor for any cracks, leaks and seepage. Fill and repair them with waterproofing mixture.
91 total views, 3 views today